Avast is a widely used third-party antivirus program nowadays. It helps to safeguard the computer and the system from harmful viruses. However, if you are a user of Avast, have you ever faced an error message such as ‘UI failed to load’ with AV service not responding issue? If this is the problem you are facing and want to know how to solve this issue, you have come to the right page. No matter whether you have Windows 7,8 or 10 version, the solutions we are going to discuss how to fix AV service not responding on Windows will work effectively on all the versions. We are going to let you know the possible causes behind this AV service not responding error with a helpful guide to solve AV service on your Windows PC. Let’s begin:
What is Avast UI Failed to Load Issue?
When there are some issues with your Avast software, it will stop to open. When you click on the Avast software to open it, you will find avast service not running anymore. Rather, you will be shown a message saying that Avast UI failed to load which means that the Avast UI process is currently not loading. You will also see the apology from Avast and two options to choose from namely: Exist, Restarting Service. However, though you may click on restarting service with the hope to get this problem fixed, the chance of success is little.
Possible Causes for Avast UI failed to load on Windows 7/8/10
Several reasons might cause the problem of ‘UI failed to load avast on Windows 7, 8 and 10’. To solve this issue effectively, it is very important to find out the correct reason first that is responsible for the problem. Here are some of the most common possible causes behind this AV service not responding error:
- Broken Avast installation might be a cause for which you cannot avast software on your Windows PC. In this circumstance, you can easily fix the problem by fixing the installation issue or go for a clean install process.
- If the Avast Antivirus Service does not run your Windows properly, that might make you unable to open the Avast program. Restarting the Avast Antivirus service might prove to be helpful in this case.
- Some users have said that it is a software bug that is possible to solve with updating the Avast software to the latest version.
How To Fix AV Service Not Responding On Windows 7, 8 and 10
Fortunately, there are some solutions that you can use to fix AV Service not responding issue. Here, we are going to shed light on four solutions one by one. We hope that you will not face avast UI failed to load issues anymore in 2019 and the years to come:
Solution 1: Change Remote Desktop Service Startup Type
It is reported that the Remote Desktop Service Startup has something to do with avast background service not running on windows 10 and other versions. If this is the case, then what you need to do is changing the remote desktop service startup type to automatic if it is set as manual or anything else at present. Here’s how to change the remote desktop service startup type:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run program on your PC. Typemsc in the Run box to begin.
- Click on Ok to browse the Services Window now.
- From the list of services included in the services window, find out the Remote Desktop Services menu. Double click on this menu to enter the properties.
- Now, you will see a new window with a menu labeled as ‘Startup Type’. You will find that startup type is set as Manual. Just set the startup type as ‘Automatic’. And you are done. Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ to save the setting.
Now, try to open the Avast program again and see if you face the avast service not responding. If it is solved, then that’s great. However, if the problem persists, follow the next two solutions given below.
Solution 2: Uninstall and then Reinstall the Avast Software
If the first solution doesn’t work for you, then you might need to uninstall and then reinstall the Avast Software again on your Windows.
Find the Avast Utility option from your PC. find the Avast software and click on ‘Uninstall Button’. You can also uninstall this from Revo Uninstaller and other uninstaller programs.
After the uninstallation process is completed, you can now reinstall the Avast program again from the official avast website. However, when the reinstallation is done, open the software as an administrator. We hope that this can solve your problem.
Solution 3: Repair Avast
Repairing Avast software is another simple option that you might choose to fix av service not responding issue on Windows. Here are steps you need to follow to repair Avast:
- Click on Start Button or press the ‘Windows’ symbol on your keyboard.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar to enter the control settings.
- Find out the “Programs & Features” menu.
- Now, you will see a list of programs on the list. Navigate the list and find “Avast”. Now, click on the ‘Repair’ option and wait. This process will help to repair any issues with Avast software.
We hope that this problem will solve the problem and you will see no error message in the future. However, if your problem is not solved, then follow the next and last option.
Solution 4: Contact Avast to get the Customer Support
This is the last and most viable solution if you fail to solve ‘Avast UI failed to load’ issue by applying the three solutions mentioned above. Visit the official Avast website and find out their customer support number. Connect with them either by phone or email. In the case of sending the email, give them a clear description of the problem you are facing and ask them how can you solve them. You can hope that very soon you will be responded with the solution from an Avast Customer Care executive.
We believe that now you know how to fix AV service not responding on Windows. Follow the solutions one by one and see which works for you. Good Luck!